Pigment Cosmetics’ scholarship program annually awards 28 $1,500 scholarships to aspiring makeup artistry & cosmetology students attending a makeup artistry or cosmetology program in a Pigment Cosmetics preferred school.
Scholarship Rules & Regulations
- The total amount of the scholarship to be awarded is $1,500.
- The scholarship will be paid in two (2) equal installments of $750.
- The first installment will be paid to the recipient’s tuition account at the Pigment Cosmetics preferred makeup or cosmetology institution of the recipient's choice upon submission by recipient, receipt by Pigment Cosmetics of all required scholarship documentation (See Below) and within 30 days of verification by the school that the recipient’s started school.
- The second installment in the amount of $750 will be paid to the Institution upon verification of the recipient’s completion of the 50% mark of the respective program and having met a minimum 80% attendance and 80% academic progress per the institution’s Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
- The scholarship may be awarded to students already attending a makeup artistry or cosmetology program at a preferred school as long as they have not completed more than 50% of the program.
- Scholarship drawings will be held quarterly. Each drawing will be made from eligible applications received within the appropriate application period.
- Application periods begin on the first calendar day of the quarter and end on the last day if that quarter.
- Any and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations are the responsibility of the recipient.
- The scholarship is not transferable to other individuals or programs.
Eligibility:This scholarship program is available to individuals who:
- Are legal residents of the United States,
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of attendance,
- Attending a makeup artistry or cosmetology program in a Pigment Cosmetics preferred school.
- Submit a complete and accurate scholarship application with all the required documentation.
- Incomplete scholarship submissions that do not include all the required documents will be rejected.
- This scholarship is not open to residents of states or territories in which registration, bonding or other regulatory activities, if any, are required.
- Fill out the scholarship application form and click the "Submit" button.
- Upload the required documents. Only PDF or JPG formats will be accepted
- Submitted documents will not be returned
- The deadline time for the application period closing date is 12:00:01 p.m. Pacific Standard Time ("PST"). The date and time stamp on Pigment Cosmetics’ computer system shall act as the official clock of this scholarship.
- Once an application has been submitted it is final and may not be changed, altered, revised, or modified.
- By submitting an application for scholarship, the applicant agrees that he/she has read, understands, and accepts these Official Rules.
Application Documents:Each applicant must submit a complete application that includes the following documents otherwise their application will be rejected:
- A completed application from,
- Proof of enrollment in a makeup artistry or cosmetology program at a Pigment Cosmetics Preferred institution (Start date must be no longer than 3 months from date of application),
- Proof of Age,
- 2 Recommendation letters from industry professionals as to why he or she should be awarded this scholarship,
Selection of Scholarship Recipients:
- The recipient selection process will begin the first business day following the application closing deadline.
- Recipients are selected on a first received first awarded basis from the pool of complete applications received within the application period.
- Odds of becoming a recipient will depend on the number of qualified entries received during the appropriate application period.
- Pigment Cosmetics reserves the right to use other means to determine the scholarship recipient(s), such as random selection or appointing a panel of judges.
- All scholarship recipient decisions are final.
Recipients and their respective schools will be notified of their award within 15 days of the closing date of the application period.
Award Acceptance: Once notified a recipient has fifteen (15) days to accept the award and return the fully executed Award Acceptance and Release Of Liability Form that will be included with the Award notification correspondence. Failure to respond in time will result in disqualification.
Conditions & Documents Precedent To The First Disbursement: The recipient must:
- Recipient have accepted the award as outlined above.
- Have attended school for 30 days and the school is able to provide confirmation of attendance.
- Maintains a minimum of 80% attendance and 80% Satisfactory Academic Progress,
- Receipt of the Executed a Release of Liability Form If a recipient is a minor, the recipient's parents/legal guardian must also execute the forms.
- The scholarship award payable for a recipient's benefit directly to the Institution.
Conditions & Documents Precedent To The Second Disbursement:
- The school submits the recipient’s completed Attendance Record showing he/she passed the 50% attendance mark of the respective program.
- Submit the Academic Progress Record showing he/she meet a minimum 80% attendance and 80% academic progress.
Termination And/Or Forfeit:
- Should the recipient's enrollment at such Institution terminate before the end of the program for any reason and regardless of who initiates this termination, any unused portion of the scholarship shall be forfeited by recipient and returned to Pigment Cosmetics by the school.
- If a recipient fails to attend an acceptable Institution within 3 months of notification of being awarded, the scholarship and all its benefits will be forfeited.
- The scholarship will also be forfeited if the recipient cannot be notified,
- If the recipient fails to accept the award or return the executed Release of Liability within fifteen (15) calendar days for being notified of the award.
- Dishonesty of any kind.
- Failure or refusal to comply with any these Official Rules and disbursement conditions.
- Only one award per person per life time.
- Acceptance by a recipient constitutes permission by the recipient to use the recipient's name and likeness with no further payment in connection with publicity efforts regarding Pigment Cosmetics' scholarship program.
- Recipient need not be present at drawing to win.
- Any and all applicable federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- The recipient must provide his or her social security number for tax reporting purposes.
- Pigment Cosmetics employees or their immediate families, are not eligible to apply or win.
- Award decisions are final.
- Entries will not be returned to applicants regardless of award status.
- Past recipients
- The scholarship is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Pigment Cosmetics’ failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Pigment Cosmetics reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process and/or the legitimate operation of the scholarship; to violate these Official Rules; or to act in an disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person with respect to the scholarship.
- Pigment Cosmetics may modify, suspend or terminate this scholarship program at any time. Any awarded scholarships prior to such modification, suspension or termination shall be honored to the fullest provided recipients continued compliance with the terms and conditions of the award.
- Pigment Cosmetics is not responsible for any entries that are not properly entered due to data corruption or otherwise not received correctly.
No Purchase Necessary: There is no obligation, expressed or implied, on the scholarship applicant's part to purchase any products or services in order to enter or be awarded the scholarship, other than the enrollment requirements explained in paragraph above.